Menu Contact
available 24 hours
email our team
Our Practice Areas

April 2017 Archives

Do you need a qualified domestic relations order

If you are considering divorce, the court might require you to have qualified domestic relation order (QDRO). If your spouse is entitled to a share of your retirement benefits, a QDRO establishes her right to receive payments according to the divorce decree. While a QDRO is often used to distribute retirement funds to a former spouse, you can also have one in place to ensure money is paid from the account to your children.