Augusta Child Support Lawyers

Helping You Support Your Children While Being Treated Fairly By Your Spouse

Your children are the center of your world. As a parent, you want them to be taken care of but you need to balance that with not letting your spouse or co-parent take advantage of you. Fortunately there are guidelines to determine how much you are required to pay for child support. Our Augusta attorneys can help you calculate what your children will need for their care.

At Floyd Leopard, LLP, we know how frustrating divorce and family law issues can be. We offer compassionate, supportive service while aggressively protecting your interests. Our lawyers are licensed on both sides of the river so we can manage any cross-state jurisdictional issues that may arise during the course of your case. We respect your situation and will help you get through this and get on with your life.

State Child Support Guidelines And How They Affect You

Regardless of whether you are going through a divorce or you are establishing child support for a child born out of wedlock, the states of Georgia and South Carolina expect parents to be financially responsible for their children. Each state has its own specific child support guidelines that must be adhered to when calculating the monthly payment that the noncustodial parent will pay to the custodial parent.

Factors that play into child support payments include:

  • Each parent's gross monthly income
  • Self employment of one or both parents
  • Whether one parent is supporting another child outside of this marriage or relationship
  • Health care costs for the children
  • Child care costs
  • Custody arrangements
  • Any special needs of the child

Our lawyers will sit down with you and review your financial situation and that of your spouse or co-parent. We will help you calculate the correct amount that you should pay or receive, depending on whether you are the custodial or noncustodial parent. That way you know your children are being taken care of properly and you are not paying too much or receiving too little.

If at some point, you need to modify the amount of child support your children are receiving, we can help you file for an order for modification of support.

Let Us Help You Help Your Children

Your children need your support, financially and emotionally. We will help you see that they get it. Call us at 800-785-6894 or send us an email to schedule your free initial consultation.